Faculty-Led Travel Programs
3 – 6 KCAI credits
Tuition and fees paid to KCAI
Each summer, faculty members lead overseas trips as well as trips to locations within the U.S., allowing you to experience firsthand the rich artistic and cultural heritage around the country and the world while earning credit towards your degree. You can earn up to six credits over 3 – 5 weeks while studying off-campus with fellow KCAI students in structured programs thoughtfully designed and led by members of our esteemed KCAI faculty. Program locations may vary from year to year. Recent destinations have included Argentina, Hungary, France, Italy, Germany, Mexico, Peru, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA. Some specific programs may require higher GPA.
- At least 18 years of age
- Completed at least one semester at KCAI
- Good academic and financial standing
- Other eligible participants: graduating seniors, alumni, and students from other colleges.
PLEASE NOTE: These trips are subject to cancellation due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The safety of our students is our top priority and KCAI will follow the recommendations of the CDC and the U.S. Department of State Travel Guidance
Scholarship opportunities for Faculty-Led Travel Programs
The Blitt family generously provides the Rita and Irwin Blitt Scholarship for International Travel. Students who are accepted into a KCAI faculty-led travel program are eligible to apply for this scholarship to help cover travel expenses.
Students who want to be considered for this opportunity need to include 1-2 paragraphs addressing the following information in their letter of interest as part of the program application.
Only students who include this in their application materials will be considered.
- Describe the importance of study abroad to the student’s artistic process and discipline
- Outline how the scholarship award will benefit the student (other than financial)
- Articulate student’s professional and personal goals
- Communicate how the student will engage with the culture of the city/country where they will be studying
Financial aid may be available for FLTP. Please contact the Financial Aid office to see if you are eligible.
Faculty-Led Travel Program Opportunities Summer 2022
Mexico – San Miguel de Allende
Application and Deposit Deadline: March 1, 2022
Hungary – International Ceramic Studio
Dates: May 16, 2022 – June 19, 2022
Academic Credit: 6 studio elective credit hours
Trip Leaders: George Timock, KCAI Professor Emeritus, and Nathan Neufeld, Instructor and Artist
Estimated Trip+Tuition Cost: $4,800 (excluding airfare and meals)
Application and Deposit Priority Deadline: December 2, 2021
Application and Deposit Deadline: February 1, 2022