September 24, 2018
Jason Pollen’s Exhibition Inside/Out Benefits Student Scholarships
Former Fiber Chair Jason Pollen’s exhibition INSIDE/OUT is at the Box Gallery, 1000 Walnut St. in downtown Kansas City through October 26. Fifty percent of proceeds benefit student scholarships at KCAI.
Comprised of Portals, Outliers, Descendants, Oracles, and Nomads, these series of works were inspired by a fascination with how surfaces can both conceal and reveal. Our skin acts as an envelope, hiding its precious contents; the earth we live on hides the fathomless depths of its molten core. Pollen strives to make works whose surfaces intimate the deeper animating force that is the creative process. During a lifetime of dedicated practice, Jason has focused on the phenomena of color, light and shadow, movement and stillness. The works are successful if they prove to be thought- and feeling-provoking, and communicate fascination and delight.
We are excited to share with you Ground Breaking, KCAI’s annual President’s Report taking a look back at all that we achieved together in 2017-18. From the groundbreaking for the new Student Residence Hall to sharing the success of alumni and faculty, this report celebrates the extraordinary capital campaign and recognizes the many ways that KCAI is positively impacting our community. View the President’s Report.
As a result of poor weather-related conditions, the Kansas City Art Institute will operate on a delayed start on Tuesday, November 27th. All classes will begin and campus offices will open at 10 a.m. Students, faculty, staff, and visitors are encouraged to exercise caution throughout the day as roads and sidewalks may still be icy.
- November 20, 2018Corey Antis Awarded Warren Rosser Faculty Fellowship Award
- November 16, 2018Shop for Artwork Made by KCAI Students at the End of Semester Sale
- November 8, 2018KCAI’s Illustration Program Ranked in Nation’s Top 15%
- August 31, 2018Professor James Woodfill and Stephen Lichty Design Installation for New Monticello Library
- August 24, 2018Powerful Public Art Unveiled on Campus
- August 6, 2018KCAI Student Team Competes in Make48