AICAD Mobility Program
Kansas City Art Institute maintains partnerships with the majority of AICAD schools in the U.S. and Canada where our students may apply to spend one semester studying off-campus.
Pictured: Sculpture alumna Molly Ryan (center) at Maryland Institute College of Art during the fall 2012 semester.
When you participate in the Association of Independent Colleges of Art and Design Mobility Program:
- You will continue to be a full-time KCAI student
- You will pay your tuition to KCAI as usual
- You will still receive all of your financial aid and scholarships
- You will pay no tuition to the partner school
- You will only be responsible for:
- Your transportation to and from your host school
- Your cost of living
- Your books/supplies
- Any miscellaneous fee, such as an orientation fee or studio fees
- The credit you earn while studying at one of our AICAD partner schools counts as KCAI credit (not transfer credit)
- Because credits from these partner schools qualify as KCAI credit, they count toward fulfilling the requirement that your last 30 credit hours be earned at KCAI.
In order to apply for participation in the AICAD Mobility Program you must:
- Be a full-time KCAI student the semester prior to and the semester of your proposed mobility
- Have at least junior studio status the semester of your proposed mobility
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Be a student in good academic and financial standing, and not on disciplinary probation
Pictured: Oregon College of Art and Craft ceramics student Jordan Pieper in KCAI's Art Supply Store during his semester on mobility (spring 2014).
AICAD Mobility partner schools
The following institutions currently participate in the AICAD Mobility Program:
- Alberta College of Art and Design (CANADA)
- Art Academy of Cincinnati
- Art Institute of Boston at Lesley University
- California College of the Arts
- Cleveland Institute of Art
- College for Creative Studies
- Columbus College of Art and Design
- Cooper Union School of Art
- Corcoran College of Art and Design
- Emily Carr University of Art and Design (CANADA)
- Animation and Communication Design may not be available for Mobility during a given semester
- Laguna College of Art and Design
- Lyme Academy of Fine Arts
- Maine College of Art
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- Memphis College of Art
- Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design
- Montserrat College of Art
- Moore College of Art and Design
- Nova Scotia College of Art and Design University (CANADA)
- Ontario College of Art and Design University (CANADA)
- Oregon College of Art and Craft
- Otis College of Art and Design
- Pacific Northwest College of Art
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Pennsylvania College of Art and Design
- Rhode Island College of Art and Design
- Ringling College of Art and Design
- San Francisco Art Institute
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- The University of the Arts
- Watkins College of Art, Design & Film
How can you find out which partner schools offer your major?
- Go to www.aicad.org
- Click on the Choosing a School button
- Select your major/department from the Area of Study drop-down box
- Click the Search button
- The Search Results will list all of the AICAD schools that offer your major/program of study
Applications to participate in the AICAD Mobility Program are due no later than March 15 for fall semester mobility and Oct. 15 for spring semester mobility.
Thinking about applying?
Download a comprehensive information packet
Ready to apply?
Download the application
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact Paige Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-802-3560, or Julia Welles at email@example.com or 816-802-3302.