Student Employment Programs
All full-time enrolled students at Kansas City Art Institute are eligible to work on campus.
- The initial pay rate is $7.70 per hour.
- Students typically work no more than five-to-eight hours per week.
- Students are paid on a monthly basis.
- Positions are limited and on-campus jobs are not guaranteed.
How to Find Student Employment Opportunities
- Click on the box below to log into KCAI Artnet and view all work study positions.
- Contact the listed supervisor.
- Schedule an interview.
- The first position you choose may already be filled and you will need to choose another.
- If hired, paperwork will need to be completed in the Financial Aid office before you may start working.
If you don’t immediately find a job, keep checking back, new opportunities are posted throughout the semester.
Paycheck and Related Forms
To finish the hiring process, all students will need to come to the financial aid office and complete the following paperwork after they have been hired:
- Federal W-4
- Missouri W-4
- Employment verification (I-9) form
- Student Employment Authorization form
You must complete the W-4s and I-9 before you begin a job or you will not receive a paycheck. Bring your identification documents with you when completing paperwork.
If you have any questions or need additional information, contact the financial aid office at 816-802-3337 or toll free at 800-522-5224 or via email at email@example.com.