TYPES OF LOANS
The Federal Direct loans include subsidized and unsubsidized (for students) and the Parent PLUS Loan. For terms and conditions on these loans, please visit www.studentloans.gov. To apply for federal loans, file your FAFSA at www.fasfa.gov and enter KCAI’s school code 002473.
All federal loans processed by KCAI are reported to NSLDS (National Student Loan Data System), and will be accessible by guaranty agencies, lenders, and schools determined to be authorized users of the data system.
Once those options have been exhausted, private loans are available to students and, in some cases, their parents.
Direct Subsidized Loans
Direct Subsidized Loans charge no interest to the student as long as the student maintains a 2.0 grade-point average and is enrolled at least part-time in a degree program. There is a post-enrollment grace period of six months before repayment begins
- First-year students have a maximum allowable loan amount of $3,500.
- Sophomores are eligible for $4,500.
- Juniors and seniors may be eligible for up to $5,500 per year.
Direct Unsubsidized Loans
- Interest begins accumulating at the time the funds are disbursed.
- Repayment begins six months after the student no longer maintains at least part-time enrollment in a degree program.
Direct PLUS Loans for Undergraduate Students
- Repayment begins within 60 days of the funds being fully disbursed (can request deferment while student is in school).
- Loans are available in any amount up to the cost of education, as determined by KCAI, minus other aid.
- Credit check required.
Private Alternative Loans
View our preferred lender list to select a lender or talk to your preferred bank about options
School Code of Conduct
The inclusion of a loan or lender on this site does not imply endorsement. We do not endorse any loans or lenders. Note that information is provided by the lender and is subject to change. We are not responsible for the content lenders provide or the content of lender websites. You can contact lenders directly to confirm details if needed.
KCAI does not have a revenue-sharing arrangement with any lender listed on this site nor receives any financial benefits from said lenders. KCAI does not receive any call center or financial aid office staffing assistance nor any advisory board compensation. KCAI students are not required to use a lender on our preferred listing and can choose a lender of their choice.