Tuition + Fees
Tuition + Fees
To help determine the amount and/or type of financial aid that best suits you, see the complete 2018-2019 tuition and fees to attend KCAI outlined below.
For full-time students (12 to 18 credit hours per semester) KCAI tuition is $18,950 per semester or $37,900 per year. For students taking more than 18 credit hours, there is an additional charge of $1,510 per credit hour.
For students taking fewer than 12 hours, KCAI charges $1,510 per credit hour.
Summer intersession tuition is $440 per credit hour. Studio courses have a studio fee of $34/credit hour and may require an additional material fee (based on the course).
Tuition Exchange Students
For full-time students, there is a $500 exchange studio fee per semester. For part-time students, there is a $50 exchange studio fee per credit hour per semester.
Visiting KCASE students do not pay KCAI tuition; however, students are required to pay a $50 per credit hour fee, a $125 technology fee and all course associated studio/material fees.
Living Center Deposit
A $230 Living Center deposit is required for all students residing on campus in the Living Center in addition to their Living Center application and room preferences. When the student moves out for the year, $200 of the deposit is returned to the student less any incurred damages.
On-Campus Room + Board (includes 19 meals/week)
|Per semester||Per year|
Students not residing in the Living Center may purchase meal plans as follows
- 10 meals per week for $935 per semester
- 5 meals per week for $495 per semester
Other Potential Costs Per Semester
|Major||Major Fee||Elective Fee||Other Fees|
$265 (Glass fee)
|Liberal Arts||No fee||No fee||
$250/hour audit fee “Globalization in History” class $30
- Art History major – $15 (per semester)
- Central Shop (foundation student orientation) – $25 fall semester only
- Technology fee – $250 (per semester)
- Graduation fee – $50
- Late registration fee (students who are dropped for non-payment and re-register) – $200
KCAI’s estimated annual cost of attendance is:
- Books and Supplies – $1,500
- Living with Parents room and board – $0
- Off campus room and board – $7,500
- Personal Expenses – $1,000
- Transportation – $1,500