Visual arts instructors
The Kansas City Art Institute’s School for Continuing and Professional Studies is looking for visual arts teaching artists who are interested in teaching at one of our three locations: The 43rd Street Building at 103 E. 43rd St. near KCAI's Main Campus; the North Campus, 1801 N.W. Platte Road, #275, in Riverside, Mo.; and at The Firehouse: Center for Cultural Excellence in Kearney, Mo.
Course offerings will vary throughout the year, but we are looking for instructors to teach youth, high school and adult classes in everything from traditional visual art forms to the digital arts. Employment is part time and based on class need. Potential instructors will be contacted if the department has a need that your particular skill set and experience might fill.
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Strong visual arts practice
- Excellent teaching ability
- Ability to work with a variety of audiences and skill levels
- Organizational skills
- Responsive to staff and student needs and concerns including regular email communication
- Ability to offer unique and surprising curriculum while honing basic skills of students
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (courses will be offered day, evening and weekend)
- Pass a background check
Those interested should fill out the online application at:
Applicants will need to attach a resume. CPS staff will contact those instructors who meet the immediate needs of the program for interviews. Additional instructors will be hired as needed.
If you have any questions, please direct them to Tabitha Schmidt, director, School for Continuing and Professional Studies at KCAI, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or to Krystal Kuhn, program specialist, adult studies, at email@example.com
Kansas City Art Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.