Life at KCAI
CAMPUS IS WHERE YOUR AMAZING JOURNEY BEGINS
The learning environment at KCAI is intense, but also fun. Many students love living their passion for art outside the classroom, while also taking time to enjoy new things, new friendships and new experiences. All are essential parts of the journey and the memories students will make.
Students will find many opportunities to explore their interests outside the classroom, whether social, cultural, physical, or professional.
- Create a bright future by participating in internships or business-sponsored programs
- Feed a passion by touring nearby galleries or volunteering as a gallery assistant
- Gain new perspectives by joining a variety of interesting, student clubs and participating in campus activities
- Explore other cultures by studying abroad or taking advantage of faculty-led trips
- Build new friendships by getting to know and spending time with other students
- Interact with the faculty by engaging in conversations and critiques
- Get to know Kansas City by enjoying the local sights, culture, food and entertainment
“WE’RE A BIG FAMILY THAT PUSHES EACH OTHER TO BE THE BEST. ”Larry F.
Graphic Design, 2016
A sense of community
One of the things that makes KCAI unique is our campus. The campus community is a tight-knit environment where faculty, staff, and fellow students care deeply about the success of our students and strive to participate in and support the Kansas City art community. We also have a beautiful campus nestled in a historic neighborhood surrounded by two of the best art museums in the country, the Nelson-Atkins Museum and the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art. Students are often seen on the campus green where they relax, play and work. Our campus green is often the scene of Frisbee tossing, dog walking, kick-ball and soccer games, art installations, picnics, cookouts, parades, and study groups.
KCAI Students have access to FREE Public Transportation
KCAI students can use RideKC (bus system) and the Bike Share program in Kansas City for FREE.
We have our own Bike Share station right here on campus so it’s easy to ride to places of interest around town. All students have to do is email Student Affairs to sign up for instructions on how to sign up for the Bike Share program. Currently, our KCAI bike station is the 10th most used of the 30 stations in the city!
Students can go to the Registrar’s Office (M-F from 8:30am to 5pm) to get their bus pass.