International applicants are warmly welcomed at Kansas City Art Institute. We have a globally diverse community representing many countries, with students recently coming to us from Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, England, Germany, Japan, Mexico, South Korea and Turkey.
Start Your application
First set up a personal KCAI account. Then, you can begin filing out your application and submit it with your application fee.
We also accept students from our international exchange partners for 1-2 semesters. If you are currently a college student at one of our exchange partner schools, please go here to start your application process.
- Submit your application and fee.
- Submit your portfolio.
- Statement of purpose.
- Standardized test scores: ACT or SAT (TOEFL or IELTS for international applicants).
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or other art professional.
- Official transcripts from high schools and colleges attended.
(Transcripts from any colleges or universities attended outside of the U.S. must be sent to a recognized foreign credential evaluator for a course-by-course evaluation prior to being sent to KCAI.)
Please refer to our International Application Checklist for more detailed information, as well as further documentation required in order for KCAI to issue an I-20 to accepted international applicants.
Admission Dates + Deadlines
Submitting your application and supporting materials before the deadline gives the KCAI Admissions office an opportunity to work closely with you and your family. KCAI has a rolling admissions process and after our posted deadlines, application and scholarship review will occur on a case-by-case basis.
|December 1||Priority Deadline for Early Scholarship Review|
|February 1||Freshmen Deadline|
|March 1||Transfer Students Deadline|
|May 1||Fall Deposit Deadline*|
|November 1||Freshmen and Transfer Students Deadline|
|January 15||Spring Deposit Deadline*|
* All new students are required to pay a $250 tuition deposit to hold their space and enroll in classes. This deposit is applied to your total tuition and is refundable prior to May 1 for fall or Jan. 15 for spring. After May 1 or Jan. 15, the tuition deposit is forfeited if you choose not to enroll.