Student Support Services
Students at KCAI are encouraged to seek assistance offered through academic support services, which includes help with disability services, time management, note taking, ESL strategies, and the coordination of exam reviews and study sessions. Contact Jessica Castaneda, academic support coordinator at email@example.com, for information and appointments.
A learning specialist is available to help students gain a complete understanding of individual learning styles, skills, strengths and weaknesses to cope with the greater demands of college courses.
Disability services provide assistance to students with physical, psychological, ADD/ADHD and learning disabilities who are eligible for reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis upon review of documentation and after conversations with the student. Students are encouraged to notify the Jessica Castaneda, disabilities support coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible, as certain accommodations require time to arrange. Disability Services is located on the second floor of the Jannes Library.
Students whose first language is not English are encouraged to contact Jessica Castaneda, academic support coordinator at email@example.com, for information about the school’s ESL services.
ACADEMIC SUPPORT RESOURCES
INDIVIDUALIZED ACADEMIC MEETINGS
Email Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate a meeting with Jessica Castañeda or Patricia Graham.
- Time-management strategies and stress management
- Set academic goals
- Note-taking tips and organization
- Study strategies and writing approaches
- Accessing campus resources, ESL services, Disability services and accommodations
STUDIO SUPPORT SESSION
M-F 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. by appointment, meetings are roughly 20 minutes.
Email Patricia at email@example.com or call 816-802-3507
- Time-management with emphasis on studio/liberal arts balance
- Work on writing in regard to studio (statements, proposals, CVs, etc.)
- Practice close-reading for discussion
- Troubleshoot research in relation to electives or studio class
- Have a conversation about studio work in an informal setting
M-R 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome.
Access the Digital Writing Lab at http://artnet.kcai.edu/
The Writing Lab provides support through peer-assisted study sessions. Get help with writing and studying.
- Editing of spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Developing thesis
- Strengthening voice and argument
- Chicago Manual of style & citations